Clean as a whistle and as invitingly warm as the fireplace at home.
The Oakley Women's Permanente Jacket will keep you warm and dry while you ride out the storm, and when you step into the hot, stuffy tram, you'll be happy that this little beauty features two large underarm vents to help you control your temperature. Don't let its simple, clean aesthetic fool you into thinking that this winter jacket lacks anything you'll need for resort skiing, it's actually packed with technical details. Zip up the Permanente for everyday shredding and moderate storms.
- 10K-rated weatherproof membrane breathes away excess heat and moisture from within while keeping you dry in the face of soggy snow and wet weather
- Fully taped seems further improve jacket weatherproofing by ensuring that moisture can't leak in at the fabric seams
- Thinsulate synthetic insulation provides warmth enough for moderately cold weather, and the insulation feels lightweight and non-bulky
- Underarm vents allow you to regulate temperature by venting away excess heat, and the mesh lining keeps snow from blowing into your jacket
- Removable hood features drawcord adjustment and a magnetic hold-down system that keeps the hood out of your face when it's down
- Storm skirt is removable and uses snaps to cinch around your waist to keep deep snow out of your pants and jacket
- Cuff gaiters keep wind and chilly air out, and the cuffs use hook-and-loop tabs for adjustment
- Goggle and media pockets keep your essential gear within easy reach
Share your thoughts
Here's the length of the jacket...
Is the insulation really "80g Thinsulate?"...
Is the insulation really "80g Thinsulate?" I cannot find a temperature rating for a thinsulate that low. Is it actually supposed to be 800g? At any rate, what would be the temperature rating for this jacket?
Definitely 80g thinsulate in the body and 60g in the hood on the Oakley Permanente jacket. This jacket (like most others) is not temp rated as sleeping bags are because a variety of factors determine how warm this jacket will be, and that warmth will vary greatly from person to person. Nonetheless this is an insulated jacket and not just a bare hardshell so you can expect to stay warm well below freezing and will be able to stay even warmer by backing that insulation up with some strategically chosen base and midlayers.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Got this in black - so comfortable, stylish and warm!
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Just got this last week, thank goodness since the snow is starting to fly. I've worn it a few times and it definitely keeps me warm the cuff gaiters are definitely nice. The length of this jacket is awesome, I've had a hard time finding one that'll cover my butt when I sit and this one has the length for it. I was most surprised by the way it zipped/closed the extra snaps and the hidden magnets are a nice touch, while the cross chest closure is stylish. Definitely would recommend this to a friend.