Wait a couple hours for first chair in the middle of a wicked winter storm while you protect your balls from freezing off inside the insulated Oakley Side Freight Pant. You’ll need them once the lift dumps you at the top and you launch every air in sight while charging down a mountain covered in two feet of snow with this fully seam taped, waterproof, and breathable pant covering your lower half.
- 3M Thinsulate insulation holds your body heat inside for cold, long lift rides as the storm rages
- Laminated polyester fabric (or coated houndtooth check fabric) keeps out the snow once you start making deep, delicious turns and breathes as your legs heat up
- Inseam vents draw in cool air when the sun comes out and you need a breeze in your pants
- Hidden snaps attach a powder skirt so you can seal out all the snow even when you ragdoll after a surprise twenty footer
- Boot gaiters prevent the snow from creeping up your legs as you surf it
- Adjustable waist tabs and waist band keep the Side Freight on your hips so you don’t moon the crowd on the lift after a fall in the park
- Reinforced cuffs reduce tears and wear from your board’s edges and gravel parking lots
Share your thoughts
Functionally sound...questionable durability
I've used these pants now for a few ski trips. I've found that the legs, down by the boots, have been sliced up by the skis I presume. There are half a dozen little slices on the inside of each leg at the boot level.
I used a different pair of pants all last season with no little cuts in the legs.
The pants do have the powder skirt snaps that match the jacket, which is a nice addition as is the zippers in the crotch. In addition, they are warm and waterproof. In short, they are nice for the gentle user.
my son loves these pants. they're "sick". we're having a hard tme matching a jacket with them.
would the yellow hazard color look tight...
would the yellow hazard color look tight with the white 686 smarty shadow jacket or not?
Why not? It's your style! If you aren't happy one you try them together, send one back. Easy peasy!