A super-light, easy-to-use all-digital beacon that helps you shave minutes off your search times.
Simplify your search with the all-digital, triple-antenna Ortovox Patroller Digital Transceiver, because simple means saving time and saving time can mean saving lives. Whether polishing your skills or performing a real, live recovery, the lightweight Patroller picks up on signals up to 40m away and then displays the distance in its red LED display. Once you get within 15m, the three LED arrows point to the origin of the signal to keep you headed in the right direction.
- Fine search at 3m utilizes the third antenna for quickly pinpointing the lowest value (closest distance) to the buried victim
- Multiple burial indicator alerts you when the Patroller picks up more than one signal
- Emergency changeover switch on the front allows a split-second change from search to transmit when a secondary avalanche rains down on your search party
- Waterproof housing resists impact and fits comfortably against your side with the included one-belt system
- Earphone jack and small sound driver deliver tones that get loud and more frequent as you close in on a signal
- Only uses two AA batteries to get 300 hours of transmitting life
- Battery capacity displayed as a percentage when you turn on the Patroller
Share your thoughts
So am I right that this is just last year's...
So am I right that this is just last year's D3 repackaged and moved down the lineup to make room for the 3+?
They are a very similar beacon. The patroller has the added benefit of an analog search mode that the D3 did not have. This will allow you to pick up the beacon signal at greater distances and perform an analog search until you are within range for the digital search mode to kick in.