Search smarter and simpler.
Hone in fast with the Ortovox Zoom Beacon. In the event of an avalanche, speed of recovery is paramount, and that is borne out of simplicity and accuracy. The Zoom has only two buttons, a large LED display that shows direction, and proximity visual and acoustic cues for quickness; and it uses Smart-Antenna three-antennae technology for precision. Add to that an automatic switchover in case of further slides, and you have yourself a beacon of brilliance.
- Smart-Antenna technology uses three antennae and automatically switches to the one with best transmission; compatible with all avalanche transceivers
- One-button transmit-search mode change; automatic switchover in case of follow-up avalanche for optimal protection (if transmitter registers no movement for more than 120 seconds while in search mode, it automatically switches back to transmit mode)
- Intuitive design, with only two buttons and a large LED display, essentially simple and fast
- Visual and acoustic search, with LEDs that show the distance and direction to the victim; higher and fast sounds indicate approach to victim
- 40m digital and analog range, for casting a wide net
- All-around rubber ring provides easy handling and additional durability
- Elastic hand strap and a comfortable bag for secure portability
- This beacon's one AA battery works for 250 hours in transmission mode