Tough-as-nails, HD-video capable, and crammed to gills with features.
With the ability to withstand water, shocking falls, dust, and cold the Pentax 12-megapixel Optio W90 Digital Camera might just be the only HD video-capable point-and-shoot camera you'll want to take on burly adventures. Pentax crammed this beastly shooter with features friendly enough for first-time shooters, and rich enough to please die-hard photography fans. From detailed macro shots, to high-definition video to serve as proof that you flashed that insanely tough boulder route the W90 gets the shot and won't quit despite a thrashing.
- Built to withstand abuse the W90 is water-resistant to 20 feet, shockproof from up to a 4 foot drop (1.2m), and dustproof
- A digital Microscope mode with LED lens lighting captures macro subjects as near as 1cm from the camera
- Shoot HD video in widescreen 720p at 30 frames per second and use the movie edit function to complete basic, on-the-fly editing in-camera
- Advanced Pixel Track Shake Reduction helps you nail crisp, clear shots even if you're jostled or on an unstable surface
- A wide operating temperature of 14-104F (-10-40c) allows you to shoot whether its freezing cold, or blazing hot
- Built in flash with auto, on, off, and red-eye modes allows you to fill in shadowy areas or shoot in the dark with an effective area of 13 feet (3.9m) at wide angle to 8.2 feet (2.5m) shooting zoomed
- A quick 1.3 second power up time and 0.03 shutter lag means you'll be ready to get the shot with a moment's notice
- Use USB 2.0 to transfer images to your laptop or desktop and show your video or photos on your TV using AV out or HDMI (Auto, 1080i, 720p, 480p)
- Custom image modes include black and white, sepia, toy camera, retro, high contrast, starburst, soft, fisheye and a variety of others so you can mix things up without having to geek out behind the laptop all night
- SD and SDHC card not included
Share your thoughts
Wicked but had to warantee already
I love this camera! I had the olympus styuls waterproof/shockproof and used the warantee about three times, being really rough with it. I have babied this wone since I got it and it still broke. the shutter button just kept firing..some kind of electrical malfunction...
Great camera for MTB adventures. Super tough, waterproof and takes good quality pictures. The video is 720p and fine for what it is. If you want great video, get a go-pro... but for a quality camera that you can take out and not have to baby, this is perfect.