Ready for the rugged, inclement-weather days in the wild, where you leave only footprints and take only high-quality images, HD videos, and audio recordings.
- 16 Megapixel backlit CMOS sensor provides high resolution imaging that won't distort color or add 'noise' to your subjects
- 13th-generation design features a tough polycarbonate housing and durable mineral crystal lens cover with a easy-to-clean hydrophobic coating to help water bead off the lens
- Waterproof down to 40ft for use as an underwater camera or in monsoon rains
- Crushproof (up to 220-pound force) for carrying inside an expedition pack and also shockproof enough to withstand drops up to five feet during high-impact sports like skiing or rock climbing
- Operates down to -10C(14F) for winter photography and features a wide-angle 5X internal optical zoom lens for capturing faraway objects without exposing the lens to dust, moisture, or other hazards
- Full 1080p HD video (widescreen 1920x1080 h.264 compression at 30 frames per second) resolution ensures professional filmmaking capabilities while other resolution options match your needs
- Audio-only mode records interviews, concert bootlegs, or bird calls
- Three-inch LCD monitor features an anti-reflective coating so you can see what you're shooting
- 5X Optical zoom and 7.2X digital zoom team up to provide a 36X combined zoom for shooting skiers on the ridgeline or faraway wildlife photos
- Memory card (sold separately) can store up to 260 images, 70min of video, or 270min of audio depending on resolution and formatting
- Pentax Shake Reduction helps to reduce blurry images and video while Face Detection enhances portraits with its Smile Capture and Blink Detection technology
- Six macro LEDs on the detachable macro focus ring supply even lighting and focused imaging for subjects as close as one centimeter
- Autofocus Assist Lamp and Extended Dynamic range help capture detail and enhance focus in shadowy, grey, or fading light conditions without exposure clipping
- Several focus modes (including manual focus), manual white balance, and flash modes permit advanced settings for expert photographers
- Dozens of still and movie capture modes like Night Scene, Underwater, Digital Microscope, and Candlelight can be customized and easily accessed when you program the Green Button
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery and charger kit included to keep you snapping without throwing batteries in a landfill
- Mini-HDMI port and AV out (cables NOT included) offer superior playback options on your HDTV, while the USB port and CD-ROM software (both included) easily upload your images, video, and audio recordings to your Mac or PC
- Adjustable nylon strap and carabiner help you attach the Optio WG-2 GPS to your pack or wrist
- Includes a Macro Stand for steady shooting, like for close-up still subjects in Microscope mode
- Includes an owner's manual for proper operating instructions; more details available on Pentax's website
- Infrared remote (sold separately) lets you take self portraits, groups shots, or super steady images
Share your thoughts
Does anyone know if this will shoot in RAW...
Does anyone know if this will shoot in RAW for stills?
It won't, sorry. It's definitely more focused on ruggedness than being a high-end camera.
Good tough camera
Good overall photo quality but a little soft on the edges and the photos cans look a little out of focus. Otherwise very rugged easy to use camera for those looking to document their outdoor activities.
Pentax Optio WG-2
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This camera is the best, especially for what i bought it for. I use is for fishing, snowboarding, skateboarding, and all other kinds of extreme sports. It's the perfect camera to not worry about getting wet or smashing it to death. it takes outstanding photos, and the macro mode is one of my favorites!