Before you take your chances outside the gates, check the status of your buddies’ beacons and your own with the Pieps Checker Beacon. This tiny and simple device ensures you don’t forget one of the most important steps when heading out into avalanche-prone conditions: making sure your tools work. Simply hold down the button and move closer to a beacon until you hear or see the Checker pick up the standard 457kHz signal. The internal battery power has no on/off switch, but only uses power when in use. At two inches long, it's not only too smart but also too easy not to use every time.
- Receiving frequency of 457kHz
- Maximum range of 100 centimeters or one meter
- Internal Li-ion battery
- At least five-year battery life
- Temperature range of -4F to 113F
- Weight 0.7 ounces including battery
- Dimensions 2 x 1.4 x 0.7 inches