The Pro-tec Regulator Helmet is all business, offering bomber hardshell protection and warm, cozy comfort. You can wear it with or without ear pads, depending on weather and how social your posse is. So, you've got choices, but they're resolved you can focus on the important ones, like whether to straightline or billy-goat.
- In-mold polycarbonate microshell construction fuses polycarbonate exterior with EPS foam liner to give you balanced, low-profile, and lightweight strength
- Jet Diffusion venting allows air in through front and brim vents, sends it through airflow channels, and out the back vents to keep you comfortable and your goggles fog-free
- Detachable, plush ear pads give you the choice of wearing with or without
- Goggle Shelf prevents goggle strap slippage
- ASTM 2040 and CE EN 1077 certifications deliver both safety and peace of mind
Share your thoughts
Factory Defects... Pro-tec stepped up
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
Yes, the earflaps are a problem. Protec replaced my regulator and upgraded me due to he ear flap issue. Thumbs up to Protec customer service. Also, confirm your size!!! Use inches or cm not Small, Medium or Large!!!
Can't beat the price!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Good helmet, and for the price you can't beat it. Don't agree with the comments about the plastic ear flaps. Yes they look oversized, but you just have to push them toward the shell when you install them and you won't feel a thing, just the soft ear padding. It is part of the design.
Overall, good ventilation, fits true size and I can add a small liner underneath for the cold days.
Pro tech helmet review
I now know why this helmet went on sale. The ear pad snaps were mounted too close together. The plastic will dig into your ear for an uncomfortable fit. Very Painful. Without the ear pads installed its's a great helmet
I really like the look of this helmet, but after trying it out I realized the snaps on the ear pads don't line up which makes the hard plastic of the ear pads dig into my ears..very uncomfortable.
- Gender: Male
After recieving the helmut, noticed that the ear pads don't line up with the snaps. Backcountry was kind enough to send another, thinking it was a problem with that particular one. The new one had the same problem! They were kind enough to help me pick out a new helmut. Don't order this helmut.
What does the back of this helmet look...
What does the back of this helmet look like ? Does it have the clip like the Pro-tec ACE Freecarve (which shows the back)?
I'm not sure what the ACE Freecarve looks like but the back of this helmet has a rubber band like clip that stretches over your goggle strap and hooks on a hook.