These things are awesome for a number of reasons.
1. My 4 year old loves spending hours playing in the snow 'testing' her gear. No snow has ever gotten into these things with the drawstring style cincher on top and the ankle strap.
2. Some kids snow boots fall off way to easily... talk about the perfect way to ruin an afternoon in the snow for a kid. These boots have never fallen off or gotten close to it.
3. My daughter has sensitive feet and gets blisters often from new shoes. None to report after spending hours in them for their first use or any subsequent uses.
4. They have a removable liner to help with drying them out, even though they have never been 'wet' inside. A nice feature.
5. My daughter is excitable and accident prone on ice, they have awesome tread and she hasn't had any spills in these things.
6. Fit is true to size.
7. These things are warm! We have been out playing in zero degrees F and there was no complaining from her... I was a different story.
Overall, I couldn't recommend a better boot for kids. I am a new fan of Sorels. I have never had a pair but am looking at some now.