- 1 Everything
- 1 Review
- 0 Questions
- 0 Photos
- 0 Videos
Not sure why the other reviews are focused on complaining about last year's model. Just bought my second set of 2012-13 El Hefe's. I've ridden a variety of bindings going back over 20 years, searching for a combo with my boots that isn't uncomfortable. Found it here. My top impressions:
1. Stiff, responsive yet forgiving.
2. Straps feel like they're not even there. Some of this could be attributable to the boots, but these straps are the most comfortable I've ever come across. Ankle strap distributes pressure so evenly, you may be fooled into over-tightening. Toe strap is incredibly secure.
3. Chassis is highly adjustable and low profile. All the excess material used on Burtons and the like is unnecessary here.
4. Wedgie footbeds are great. I used cant pads/blocks in the early 90s and wondered where in hell they went in the 00s. Allows for a more natural and powerful position. Tuck that rear knee for legit carves.
5. Well engineered and produced.
6. People seem drawn to the Spectrachrome.
7. Any hints of moronic camouflage have been removed.