Travis Rice is a much better snowboarder than you are. It just makes sense that his gear would be more than adequate. The Quiksilver Travis Rice Square Mitt does everything that Travis Rice needs it to do, and it will do the same for you. The soft, fleece-backed stretch softshell liner can be removed and worn by itself if you get hot hiking the pipe. The attached rubber ice scraper is there for you when your base starts to ice over, and the free trigger finger lets you actually use your hand to do important things while the other three fingers are busy keeping each other warm.
- Tough polyester, polyurethane, and nylon shell with grippy Amara suede palm
- Removable stretch softshell liner glove can be worn alone when it gets too warm
- Hipora waterproof breathable insert
- Free trigger finger for dexterity
- Rubber ice scraper so you can scrape your base
- Leather cuff adjuster for custom fit
- Medium width for most of us
Share your thoughts
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I'd been eyeing these for a few weeks, finally pulled the trigger right before a trip to Colorado. It was in the low teens one of the days, so these got a good workout. I've worn AK and Gore-Tex Leather gloves for the past few years, and these are warmer for sure. At no point did my fingers get cold(the promised benefit of mittens), but I still had good dexterity with my pointer finger free.
One complaint: the elastic loop is not removable, and it's on the wrong side of the opening. I tried it for the weekend in Colorado, but cut them off afterward.