The Red Aletta Helmet offers next-level comfort, thanks to its women's-specific sizing, adjustable ventilation, and the Air Band fit system that provides a totally custom fit. The ultralight in-molded construction means you'll hardly notice you're wearing a helmet, and the subtle molded brim shape shields your goggle vents from flying snow when conditions get stormy.
- Airvanced Ventilation system offers adjustable airflow via a sliding rear control
- Super lightweight in-molded polycarbonate shell
- Air Band fit system uses pump-able air pressure to provide a custom fit, with or without the removable ear pads
- Quick Clip ear pads feature a cozy fleece lining for extra warmth on cold days, and easily snap out for warm-weather riding or wearing over a beanie
- Compatible with REDphones audio accessory add-ons
Share your thoughts
Good looking and functional
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
My wife has liked this helmet so far. It provides her wtih needed protection without the bulkiness.
My Old Trusty...
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I've used the Aletta for 3+ seasons now and it's an absolutely awesome helmet.
However, looks like RED has changed their sizing with the upgrade to the Air Band fit system, which has left me in tattered, heartbroken pieces.
I have a tiny little head (about 21 inches in circumference) and this helmet was THE ONLY HELMET small enough in the XS size that ever worked for me. I've tried Smith, Giro, K2, and POC, and this was literally THE ONLY helmet that worked for me. I am so sad! While the Air Band fit is a neat idea, it has certainly changed the fit of this model and the XS is now way too large for my head. I returned it and have ordered the kid's version (go me).
Some reasons I loved this helmet
-super comfortable and low profile
-nice padded chin strap
-durable, I used this for 3 seasons
-brim is JUST perfect, it's not overwhelming, but it provides the perfect prop for your goggles when you want them off your face.
The only thing I didn't love was it has very small ventilation holes. There are definitely better ventilated helmet options out there.