Lightweight, low-pro protection endorsed by the team.
- Low-profile design means you won't look like an astronaut
- Lightweight injection-molded, vented ABS shell
- Removable ear pads for sweat-free warm-weather riding
- Compatible with REDphones audio accessory add-on
- Removable goggle clip lets you run your strap over or under the shell
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
This is my first helmet, so I can't really compare it to anything, but the fit is great. A very lightweight lid and comfortable too.
Good helmet let down by stupid venting
I have a huge head so I went with the XL. The helmet is nice and fairly low profile. Comfortable fit. The matte colors tend to pick up random scratches and dirt that discolor it a little. I have the grey one so maybe it just shows up a little more. One gripe about this helmet is that the top vents (four holes on the top lid) have no rubber plugs to block them in the winter. So if it snows you're going to get a wet head, which will then freeze, and really piss you off. I've taped mine but thats such a stupid thing to have to do. Wish RED paid better attention to details like this....
My head measures close to 57CM and I find that the Medium fits perfect. I also have a smith vantage helmet and the Vantage is a tad lighter on the head but this helmet is not by any means heavy. I got this helmet because the vantage in matte white just looks too much like a bike helmet for my liking.The profile of the Commander is not bad either and I've attached a pic to show what it would look like if you're on the slopes. Not super low profile, but definitely not the bobble head look either.