Vented, lightweight, and customizable protection for your semi-useful brain.
Put on the lightweight and customizable RED Theory Helmet before another shred session, because it only takes one good smack to empty all the knowledge you’ve gathered into your head over the years. You may not have the cure for cancer up there or anything, but the Theory’s in-molded polycarbonate shell absorbs cranium-collapsing crashes so you can retain your basic motors skills and eat solid food whenever you choose.
- Air Band 270 Fit System provides a custom fit when you pump it up around your weirdly shaped head
- Airvanced Ventilation draws in fresh air when you want it but closes when you don’t
- Low-profile brim adds flavor and keeps snow out of your goggle vents
- Removable Quick Clip II Ear Pads keep your lobes toasty despite the army of snow guns pointed onto the hill
- GlovesOn Buckle allows adjustment and helmet removal without taking off your gloves so you don’t lose them on the lift
- Goggle gasket and removable goggle clip secure your eyewear while you ragdoll down the landing
- Co-developed with Anon, thus eliminating the possibility of a gaper gap when you put on your Anon goggles
- REDphones audio –accessory-compatible so you can blast your obscenely dope tunes into your skull all day long
Share your thoughts
Only been out once so far, but this helmet worked great. It is so light that I forgot that I had it on. My goggles fit over well and I never had to adjust them at all. The Goggle Gasket stops any unwanted cold from getting in and around my head and the vents work great for temp regulation. Overall, I am pretty impressed and can't wait to go do some more testing this week.
Just Pump It
I've been a huge fan of the HiFi for years, If you read my HiFi review you'll see that it did indeed save my life. But with the new Theory I think it's time for an upgrade with all that the Theory offers.
Not sure about the current age demographic on DF right now, but I was around when the Reebok Pump was hot. Burton has brought the tech back and integrated it into the theory. Many companies have an adjustable fit to their helmets, but they aren't always that comfortable and tend to loosen up during the day. Red now has a pump system integrated in so that you can just pump it until it's snug. The bladder is much more comfortable against your head compared to those plastic "frames" that other companies use in their adjustable systems.
The ventilation is great as you can adjust it on the fly and the earpads pop right off if you find them too warm and you can replace them with a pair of REDphones and hook your iPod up. The fit is great with the Oakley Splice googles that I have, no gaper gap!
I typically wear a 7 1/2 New Era Cap and measure out at 59.5cm. I normally rocked the medium in the HiFI, but found the large in the theory to be a bit more comfortable.