Although it rocks an air of simplicity on the outside, on the inside, the RED Theory Helmet features one of the most advanced and unique fit systems on this side of planet Earth. This fit system uses an air-filled, fleece-backed headband and a set of integrated controls that allow you to adjust the air in this headband to achieve the most absolutely perfect helmet fit for your head. Adjustable vents and removable ear pads complete package and stop short of adding an overabundance of bells and whistles—this is everything you need for all-day shredding and nothing more.
- In-Mold helmet construction bonds internal padding directly to a polycarbonate shell, which creates a lightweight and highly effective package
- Long-haired, silky fleece liner offers additional warmth for charging in cold conditions
- Airvanced Ventilation is an adjustable airflow venting system that allows you to open and close a set of top vents with a sliding toggle at the upper back of the helmet
- Airband Fit System is an air-filled headband that contours to the fit of your head as you either add or remove air from the system using a small, integrated pump button or release valve
- Airband headband is fleece lined for additional comfort and warmth
- Quick Clip ear pads snap in and out of the helmet so you can use the pads for extra warmth in the winter and take the pads out for the summer
- REDphones technology allows you to slide a pair of RED modular drivers (speakers, sold separately) in the ear pad area, creating a secure and fully-integrated audio system
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I ordered before from the-house.com, but it was backordered for 2 months, and then ordered a diff one (one I didn't want) and even came in a wrong size. Sent it back, and refunded my order. I found this place on a google search for this specific helmet and ordered it here. I hate myself for not doing it sooner. It was also cheaper than the-house!!!! I got the helmet in like 3 buisness days. It came super fast. Once I got it, it fit great and was just like in the picture. The helmet runs true to size. So measure measure right above your eyebrow, and run it perfectly horizontal to the back of your head and back forward. If your head is 61cm like mine, get the XL. If my head woulda been 60cm, I woulda got the L. So measure accordingly. One of the features I like is that it has a little pump thingy on the back, so it can tighten it a little more. Not drastically, but prob reduce the size by about 1cm or so. It also helps it fit more snug and secure. I like that it has little vent ports on the front, when you open them, it actually helps vent heat and escape out the back through bigger "exhaust" vents per say. LOL. It is also VERY light. You feel it on your head, but it's light enough so it doesn't bother you much. You can also remove the ear pads, and it'll then be good to go for other sports, or on warmer days you might be snowboarding/skiing on. Overall, I'm very happy with it. It fits great, looks great, and is a great value. I highly recommend it.