THE all-mountain performance twin just got more addictive.
The hard-charging, powder-pillaging, massive-jump conquering, all-mountain machine known as the Ride DH2 Snowboard just got an extra dose of awesome with the introduction of new POPwalls. Working in conjunction with the versatile Hybrid Twin camber profile, the carbon and urethane POPwalls do more with your energy from your feet and uses that energy where it counts so you can pop higher, carve faster, and sneak in an extra rotation on your spins.
- DH2 Hybrid Twin rocker uses micro-camber between the inserts and micro-rocker in the nose and tail to keep things hook-free while maintaining explosive pop
- New POPwalls tech uses a unique combination of responsive carbon layered with Slimewall material from the inserts to the edge to the contact points, which creates pop from within and transfers the energy to the edge
- Membrain topsheet replaces the traditional plastic topsheet with a textile and urethane layer that reduces topsheet weight by half and creates its own look and feel
- Carbon Array 5 technology utilizes criss-crossing bands of carbon that distribute power and increase strength while maintaining a stiff flex in and out of turns
- Hybrid glass places snappy triax on top and a softer biax layer on the base to achieve response and forgiveness
- Fusion 4000 base holds speed as well as it does wax and is strong enough to take a few hits from under-snow hazards
- Thin Con construction thins the core out towards the nose and tail, which dramatically reduces weight and increases better-ability
Share your thoughts
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This board was my first hybrid camber board, and it is absolutely incredible. All of the technology makes this board perfect for just about everything. You can hit park, sheer ice (plenty of that at my mountain) and do endless pow runs too. Presses are a bit tough in powder, but they can be done. The stiffness of this board is perfect. It holds an edge when all of my buddies are sliding on icy tree runs. It pops like crazy as well due to the hybrid camber, but also has that fantastic playful feel to it. This is the last production year for the DH2, as it's being replaced by Seb Toots' new board in the 13-14 season. Pick it up while it's cheap!
is this board the "same" as the...
is this board the "same" as the older timeless snowboard, but with better constructions???
ride has made the dh2 since 2009. i am not sure if this was to replace the timeline or not
2013 Ride DH2 Overview
2013 Ride DH2 vs Machete GT Comparison
2013 Ride DH2 Overview
2013 Ride DH2 vs Machete GT
A comparison of the two boards