Be the first to upload your photo of the El Hefe Snowboard Binding. >
Leave your mark on The Wall.
May 16, 2013
Not sure why the other reviews are focused on complaining about last year's model. Just bought my second set of 2012-13 El Hefe's. I've ridden a variety of bindings going back over 20 years, searching for a combo with my boots that isn't uncomfortable. Found it here. My top impressions:
1. Stiff, responsive yet forgiving.
2. Straps feel like they're not even there. Some of this could be attributable to the boots, but these straps are the most comfortable I've ever come across. Ankle strap distributes pressure so evenly, you may be fooled into over-tightening. Toe strap is incredibly secure.
3. Chassis is highly adjustable and low profile. All the excess material used on Burtons and the like is unnecessary here.
4. Wedgie footbeds are great. I used cant pads/blocks in the early 90s and wondered where in hell they went in the 00s. Allows for a more natural and powerful position. Tuck that rear knee for legit carves.
5. Well engineered and produced.
6. People seem drawn to the Spectrachrome.
7. Any hints of moronic camouflage have been removed.
November 4, 2012
I've had a few pairs of these, last years i loved the bases but i'd chew threw ladder straps every day, sometimes just buckling up loosely in the lift line they would chew.( the previous pair would last a few weeks, then need to be replaced). I contacted ride and they said they have never heard of this problem before.
well long story short, i exchanged emails with them all winter. they questioned my snowboard knowledge constantly( riding 24 years), asking if i knew how to downsize my boot( 14s riding in 12s). they sent me a bunch of replacement parts and finally admitted that i wasn't the only one having the problem. But just throwing inferior parts at it did not resolve the problem. I felt the ankle strap was too long, asked for a shorter one, said i was wrong.
went union, never looked back, never had an issue. what do you know the union straps lock in super tight, no chewing straps, and are shorter?!?!?!
Dogfunk.com Price Comparison
Dogfunk.com knows that no one wants the used-car-salesman experience, so we decided to show you the other guys prices in an effort to keep your shopping experience as informed as possible. We do our best to confirm this information is correct, but assume no responsibility for the accuracy of the price and shipping information provided by other vendors.
Research out-of-stock versions:
- Eclipse RS
- Ankle Strap:
- Toe Strap:
- 3D ThinGrip
- Infinity (aluminium)
- Baseplate Padding:
- Wedgie 2.5, Wedgie 4.0, Wedgie 5.0, Urethane Rollbar
- Ratchet Type:
- AstroGlyde LT (cored aluminium)
- medium-stiff (8 of 10 on Ride's scale)
- 4-hole, channel