Freestyle lineage with an all-mountain upgrade.
The Machete GT Snowboard is a performance twin that builds on the Machete legacy with the addition of new POPwalls and the incredibly versatile Hybrid LowRize Rocker Profile. The same true-twin shape gets ramped up for all-mountain action with carbonized pop, reactive response, and the weight-saving Membrain topsheet.
- Hybrid LowRize rocker places micro-camber through the middle of the board for control and LowRize rocker on the nose and tail to make it fun to press, float, and butter around
- Membrain topsheet scraps the plastic topsheet altogether to shave weight and produce vibrant graphics
- Slimewall sidewalls replace traditional sidewall materials with flexible, dampening, and resilient urethane
- Thin-Con construction tapers the core to be thinner on the nose and tail reducing overall weight and making it easier to initiate spins, turns, and buttering maneuvers
- Carbon Array 5 technology utilizes criss-crossing bands of carbon that distribute power and increases strength while maintaining a stiff flex in and out of turns
- Hybrid glass places snappy triax on top and a softer biax layer on the base to achieve response and forgiveness
- Cleave Edge beefs up the amount of steel used by 50% to resist cracking and blow outs and provide flexibility with tuning
- Fusion 4000 base holds speed as well as it does wax, and is strong enough to take a few hits from under-snow hazards
Share your thoughts
You know nothing, Knep Snow..
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Knep... Seriously man.. 1 star review and you "didn't even consider taking it in the park", or "couldn't imagine riding it in pow"? Zero pop!? Did you ride groomers all day and consider that grounds for a legitimate review?? --- First off, let me preface this long response by letting anyone who reads this know that I have tested this board in every category/aspect snowboarding has to offer --- ... It's not a park board. It's intent or purpose is intense all mountain riding, where stiff translates to responsive. ideal for all mountain slaying. seeing how you spend 50% of your time in the park, I have no idea why you bothered riding this board. this thing SHREDS in d*mn near every category. insane stability at high speeds, incredible pop (thanks to lowRize and POPwalls) especially off the edge, super light to help bring those spins around a bit faster, wonderfully floaty in pow(rocker tip & tail). HOWEVER, you're definitely right when it comes to the flex. if you're a park rat (which is totally dope and I give mad props to those kids) and you want to get sick nasty with some presses, or get nutty buttery noodle like flex out of your next stick, than this board is definitely not for you. BUT saying bluntly that it doesn't perform at all in the park is more than a bogus blanket statement.. it's straight up slander. this stick is made for flying off a lip at mach 5 and stomping big gaps.. so what WE can't press it, doesn't mean it's impossible, it just requires a bit of strength and patience finding the sweet spot. So, if your a rider that spends his day searching the mountain for natural features, sick pow lines, tricky tree runs, or building a booter and sending it to the moon all day while occasionally hitting the park, you will LOVE this board. But, If you only enjoy getting gnarly with your presses on boxes and rails, look in the "park" category for something that will suite your needs much better
THIS BOARD RIPS!!!!!
THE POP WALL ARE INSANE ON THIS BOARD(IT GOT CRAZY POP), GREAT EDGE HOLD ON ICE! YOU COULD TAKE THIS MACHETE GT ANYWHERE, IS LITE,PLAYFUL,IS GOOD ON RAILS TOO...
Great board all around
I got this as my second board and i gotta say i really love it. Has a great surfy feel and is supper stable.
TWO THUMBS DOWN!!!!
I give this board 1 star. First off let me explain that i consider myself an advanced rider. I spend 50% of my time in the park, 35% on groomers, and 15% in powder. This board is terrible. I didn't even consider taking it into the park. Hybrid low riser sucks. This board only performed well at high speeds--thats all its good for. I couldn't imagine riding it in powder. Ride says it a 7 on the flex scale, i saw its 10. stiffest board i've ever rode. If you want to have no fun on the mountain then buy this board. Pop Walls? you serious bro--this board has 0 pop. I had a 154 and weight 175. TWO THUMBS DOWN
2013 Machete GT Overview
an overview of the 2013 Machete GT
Machete GT vs Machete
A comparision of the two decks
Machete GT VS DH2
A comparison of the two decks.