Have fun, and don't forget to send a postcard.
- The Power one-pull-lace liner features removable J-shaped inserts at the ankles to help lock down your feet and provide support
- Toasty Toes fur on Power liner’s interior warms your toes
- Conform’able pre-shaped footbed stabilizes your foot and supports your arch for better support and performance
- Spring outsole soaks up landings and grips the snow on knife-edge ridge hikes
- Powerlace Pro lacing system gets you on the mountain making turns sooner
Share your thoughts
Salomon Optima boots
I love these boots. They are incredibly comfortable, with a roomy foot bed (I have a slightly wider foot - while Salomon boots are often great for people with narrow feet, and impossible for people with wide feet, the Optima boots, fortunately, fit normal to wide feet wonderfully); they're supportive, stiff and responsive in action but without the pain that's often associated with wearing stiff boots; they are a very high quality, finely crafted boot - and toasty, too.
I've been searching for the right boots for quite awhile, and am glad to have found these. I'm a life-long snowboarder and historically a lover of soft boots and maximum comfort/flex, but now I'm getting older and have been trying to find a stiffer boot that can take some of the strain off my feet, which typically suffer a lot when I ride. These boots are the best I've found for comfort and support. If you're looking for a stiff boot but you still want happy feet...I highly recommend these.
The only drawback, and the reason we're at 4 stars instead of 5, is that I do not love the pro lacing system. I find it to be awkward and more time consuming than any other lacing system I've used. This is probably because the lace locks don't work very well on my boots. I have been using a tool to force the laces into the locks, and even then, it's a weak hold and sometimes slips. I'm told by the backcountry customer service rep that there have been at least a handful of other people with the same problem, so it's something to watch out for.