Sicker than ebola.
- The key to this deck is the Tapered Twin shape which centers your stance in the effective edge and pulls the tail shape in to increase powder floatation
- G.I.F.T. is a green initiative in snowboard technology to help keep snow in everyone�s future-ABC Wrapper construction reps the G.I.F.T. project in this deck
- ABC Wrapper construction replaces harsh layers of fiberglass and resin with bamboo veneers to save weight, and reduce waste-ABS sidewalls are also replaced with locally grown, earth-friendly bamboo rods
- Popster core profile intensifies energy and converts unpredictable snap to perfectly energized pop-It gives you smoother and stronger ollies
- Rubber rails suspension spoons with the stainless steel edges to bring you a chatter-free ride
Share your thoughts
Awesome, Eco Friendly, but it an't no Punk!
This board has an Awesome design. It has almost no camber in the middle and reverse camber in the nose and tail(Salomon's RLNK -Rediculously Long Nose Kick). It floats with ease, bombs down the steeps, and blasts through the trees. Chop, crud, and/or moguls, no problem. This board will charge through, around, and over these, all while keeping you in the pocket. The bamboo allows you to land jumps without all of the recoil that you experience with other boards. Warning: True Rippers Only! It may be stable and easy to turn, but this board an't no punk. It accelerates like a Ferrari in the Pow, so be on top of your game. My advice: step up to this board and you will experience one the best rides of your life!
The SS chilling in 9" of wet fresh
Not really an "action" shot.. but an artsy fartsy pic of the SS sitting where she is happy.. in 9" of fresh untracked pow.
Fun and versatile
I got this board for my S.O. Here is what he had to say: It is hard for me to say anything bad about this board. 160cm version is effectively the same length as my old 155cm board due to the significant lift on the nose/tail. It floats the Utah pow as if it were a 180cm, but spins effortlessly like a mid-150. Stomp landings switch in any conditions with this twin tip. The best part is this board excels in all formats regardless if its a day of high speed groomers, sessioning a bit of park or boosting freestyle off your snowmobile in the backcountry. ALL-mountain for sure!
Best pow stick out there!
The best way to sum up the Sick Stick is this:On a deep Pacific NW pow day everyone was complaining that the snow was too heavy and sticky, that they had to straight line it to keep momentum and stay above the snow. Not me, not the Sick Stick. I flew past most of the straight lining people on the mtn while making glee inducing surf like turns, all while keeping my speed and the board above the snow. Even when the board got submerged it kept on flying, and popped back ontop of the snow with minimal effort. That in itself is enough to warrant this a great board.. but it gets better. The super responsive bamboo took all my input without fuss and was able to power through tacked out areas almost as if it was still fresh pow. I have a 163 yet I am able to spin 3s with ease, maneuver it in the trees like it was a 159, and I am currently learning to ride switch in pow which this thing can do. To top that all off this board can even give you a smile of regular groomed runs, or even in a freestyle induced session as it still rides great in all conditions in all riding styles (well perhaps not the best for the icy midwest or east coast, not to mention urban assaults.. but that is kind of a given). So I give the SS 8 out of 5 stars!