Take a shot with the Salomon Caliber Snowboard Binding and get response like you've never felt before. The stiff carbon DrumFrame highback provides lightning-quick response and maximum support, and the Transfer lightweight baseplate directs energy towards your edges for superior heel-to-toe initiation. Because when you're charging hairy lines, a split second can make all the difference.
- Carbon Drumframe highback has an asym flex for increased medial flex without sacrificing lateral support
- Transfer Compo-Lite baseplate is 45% glass fiber with graphite added for enhanced strength and energy transfer, and Power-Heel Lock tab eliminates heel lift
- SCS + Full EVA cushioning absorbs shock and transfers energy to your edges
- Canted footbed mimics natural leg position for decreased fatigue
- 3D Asym Supreme ankle strap has an asymmetrical shape that increases tweakability on the inside of your foot without sacrificing support on the outside
- Deluxe Lock-In toe strap is cored out so it grips your toe and locks your foot down
- Micro Max lets you make micro adjustments so you can get your straps just right
- Viper Aluminum ratchets can be fully locked down in one throw
Share your thoughts
I liked them but...
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I really liked these bindings but about mid-season, the heel strap on both bindings started to separate on both bindings. This separation was at the stitching just above where the ratchet was located. I could tell that the stitching was cosmetic and the two layers of materials were actually glued together and not stitched. It did not effect the performance once strapped in but frequently it got in the way when feeding the strap into and through the ratchet. I will buy next year's and hope they correct the problem. I would like to see a $300 snowboard binding make it through at least one season. Nonetheless, Backcountry warrantied my bindings with no issues which is why I will continue to shop here.
THE FOOT BED'S CENTER PIECE WILL READILY BE LOST AS THE HOLD DOWN SCREW WILL EASILY BREAK THROUGH THE THIN PLASTIC, I HAD THIS HAPPEN ON TWO PAIRS.
THE TOE STRAP WILL SOON CRACK AND BREAK LONG BEFORE YOU WILL EXPECT IT TO, SAID STRAP IS DIFFERENT FROM THE 2012 MODEL WITH WHICH I HAVE HAD NO SUCH PROBLEM.