A snappy, poppy, lightweight board for beach breaks or slower point waves.
Take out the Santa Cruz Fangs PowerLyte Surfboard if you're looking for a sweet board that gains and maintains speed in beach breaks or slower point waves. Shaper Chris Gallagher combines the speed, quickness, and pop of the Ozzie (sold separately), with the strength, comfort, and skateboard-like contours of the Gdeck (sold separately). "Fangs" on the nose, provide added strength and stiffness; thanks to its fang decks, flatter tail rocker, cambered set-in foot wells, and rigid deck contours, the Fangs is ideal for going to the air. The Fangs flat rocker adds pop, foot wells supply a locked-in-feeling while its rigid deck gives solid flex-free landings.
- Shaper Chris Gallagher
- Beach breaks, slower point waves
- Flatter tail rocker, cambered foot wells, rigid deck contours
- Wing bat tail
- PowerLyte construction (EPS/sandwich epoxy)
- Futures 4+1 fin set-up
- Suggested Rider Weights for 5ft 6in: (beginner) up to 140lbs; (intermediate) 140-165lbs, (advanced) 160-180lbs
- Suggested Rider Weights for 5ft 9in: (beginner) up to 155lbs; (intermediate) 155-175lbs, (advanced) 175-200lbs