If you can't make your child wear an inflatable sumo-wrestler outfit, the Upstart is the next best thing.
- AirEvac vents keep your grom's head cool even if he or she lays scorching tracks on the hill
- Burly bombshell construction wraps around your kid's head down to the ears so there's full protection for the park and pipe's learning curve
- Soft fleece lining for comfort
- A low-profile brim adds a subtle touch of style to this all-mountain lid
Share your thoughts
HFS Tightening System- you want it
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift, but have feedback to share
Great fitting helmet for ill' noggins. We prefer the dial tighten system found on Smith and Giro helmets - you won't go wrong w/ either. The Upstart Jr. is one of the best...
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
Order big. I ordered this helmet in a medium for my small 5 year old (40" tall, 42 lbs) after measuring his head size according to the chart. It was way too small, despite the measurements aligning with the chart and despite the same measurement working for another helmet brand. Otherwise, it appears to be a good helmet for the little ones. Just err on the next larger size.
Nice, but bigger
Got this for my daughter. I think it will work but just barely - it is on the big side in size small for a two year old with an average sized head. I would say the small is probably perfect for your average three year old.
It may not end up being an issue because when she unwrapped the helmet for her birthday she started crying and ran away from it, so at the moment fit is the least of our concerns.