Lightweight head protection.
From the first lift ride up to the final run down to the base, the Smith Aspect Ski Helmet's low weight, comfortable, adjustable fit and cooling vents keep you focused your riding.
- In-Mold construction is a lightweight design the features a hard plastic shell fused to a comfy EVA foam lining
- Low-Profile Regulator Adjustable Climate Control lets you modify the amount of airflow while you ride (even with gloves on)
- AirEvac 2 Ventilation connects the helmet shell vents and the EPS channels to increase airflow and prevent goggle fogging
- Adjustable Boa fit system micro-adjusts the fit with a quick turn of the dial
- X-Static Performance Lining deals with sweaty-head odor
- Snapfit SL ear pads remove easily for washing (compatible with the Skullcandy Audio System—sold separately)
- Removable goggle lock keeps your goggle strap in place
Share your thoughts
Not very protective
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I purchased one of these helmets for a recent ski trip. Unfortunately, I had a fall. Luckily, I was wearing a helmet. However, this particular helmet is made of very thin material, and cracked upon impact. The fall was not especially forceful-- just a fall to ground on some particularly icy snow. I contacted the manufacturer. Unfortunately, they do not have any type of replacement warranty if a helmet is damaged in a crash. They did, however, offer me a small discount on a purchase of a second helmet. Their reasoning is that the warranty only applies to manufacturer defects. Apparently being destroyed by a same level fall does not constitute a manufacturer defect. I was very disappointed in Smith Optics, and I had expected a great deal more. I do agree with many of the other reviews that this is a nice, comfortable helmet. However, it appears that it is neither very protective nor very well supported by its manufacturer.
Helmet had a 3 inch scratch across the top of it. The front of the helmet also had half an inch of missing paint. Not going to pay to RMA it when the paint is real thin and will likely scratch elsewhere. I'll probably have to spray paint it later.
Very good helmet
This is a very good helmet and fits very well, the adjust-ability is a great feature. The only negative is that a tiny trim piece came off but serves no functionality. Great helmet!
Consistent companies will always kill it
if your looking for a simple functional, yet steezy helmet here ya go. no it doesn't have all the bells and whistles but it has the ones that count and it works flawless on every outing
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This is a great helmet for $100. It's got an adjustable fit system for a perfect fit and adjustable venting to keep me cool!