Protection without the huge-head profile.
Thanks to the unique blend of a low-volume shell and a lightweight, protective EPS liner, the Smith Transport Helmet keeps a low profile without sacrificing protection. And with easy-to-use adjusters for both the fit and ventilation, on-the-fly tweaks that help you feel more secure and comfortable are as simple as a twist with two fingers or a slide with one.
- Hybrid In-Mold construction mixes the low-volume In-Mold technique with a lower-profile upper shell construction for less bulk on top
- Low-Profile Regulator Adjustable Climate Control lets you modify the amount of airflow while you ride (even with gloves on)
- Adjustable Boa fit system micro-adjusts the fit with a quick turn of the dial
- AirEvac 2 Ventilation connects the 16 helmet shell vents and the EPS channels to increase airflow and prevent goggle fogging
- X-Static Performance Lining deals with sweaty-head odor
- Snapfit SL ear pads remove easily for washing (compatible with the Skullcandy Audio System—sold separately)
- Removable goggle lock keeps your goggle strap in place
Share your thoughts
not too hot, not too cold
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I have used this helmate for one season now, and though I skied in all sort of wather, my head never felt cold, or too hot. When it was cold I could increase the size and war a beenie. But most of the time I just ran with my vents open and only the helmate. Feels solid with good buckles.
Could this be used as a multisport...
Could this be used as a multisport helmet?
Great helmet, great price
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift, but have feedback to share
I bought this on sale as a Christmas present for my 23 y.o. daughter. This has a good fit for her (bought online after measuring the diameter of her head), with minor adjustment possible by the turn of a dial. She has skied with it all week, and likes it. It is lightweight. The adjustable air vents (and ear pads) help to control the temperature inside the helmet. The goggles fit well under the front rim. She likes the graphite color with some color highlights on the nylon straps and air vents.
This helmet has saved me some serious dain bramage in the past. The sizing is accurate and the boa system works great. It works well with my Anon hawkeyes. The best part of this helmet is that you can use it from the coldest blizzard to the warmest spring day. When its warm, you can take the ear pads off and open the vents up. When its cold, you just shut the vents and no more icy gusts getting to your head. I use a little trick to keep the wind from getting through the spot between your helmet and goggles. You can take the liner out and can adjust it forward about a half inch. It sticks out a little but when you put your goggles on, they go on top of the liner covering your forehead.
Its a great helmet that protects your head (trust me). Its light and stays in place. Its very customizable and you can wear all kinds of beanies underneath or just wear it as it comes. The price is a little up there but you wont find anything that this helmet is missing. You wont regret getting this one
love this helmet
i got this helmet to replace my space helmet, or better known as a red hifi helmet, and it has delivered. my dragon APX goggles fit on it without a problem and of course my smith iox goggle fit like a glove. i love the boa system to tighten it when my poofy hair is cut and so it doesnt move around when im trying to slash some turns. im keeping this helmet forever.