Supplies the wild acceleration and maneuverability of a twin fin with the feel of a thruster.
With the Surftech Anderson DK Performance Surfboard lying flat on the sand, you attach your surfboard leash, and study the sets. This hybrid-style board blends the driven performance of a shortboard and the forgiving feel of a fish or funboard to give veteran surfers a sweet ride in sloppy surf or enable less-than-stellar surfers a chance to up their game without becoming too overwhelmed.
- Designed by renowned shaper and creator of the three-fin Thruster surfboard, Simon Anderson—the DK is Simon's quad-style board
- The DK has the acceleration and maneuverability of a twin fin, but the feel of a thruster
- A slightly wider swallow tail allows water to flow freely between the two pins (pivots) which gives you more drive in weaker waves
- Low nose entry keeps more surface area on top of the water so you can generate more speed when you paddle and surf
- Moderate tail rocker increases control and loosens the board up to change directions and make more pivotal turns
- Single to concave bottom design reduces the tracking of a single concave and allows for a fast ride and a loose feel
- Ultraflx construction (Fused cell EPS core with impact epoxy fiberglass and 'salmon skin' biaxial fiberglass) provides a softer flex pattern similar to that of a polyester/PU board, but with the durability you require and a price point that's digestible
- A fused cell EPS core also virtually eliminates the possibility of water absorption
- Fins not included
- FCS five fin setup (again, fins not included) gives you the versatility to set your board up as either a quad or thruster, depending on your style of surfing
- Five-fin setup offers you the option to change it up when you want to try something new
- High-quality FCS fin system uses a fin box that's anchored deep into the board and that grabs the laminates on both the deck and underside of the board and offers a strong hold from back to front and top to bottom
- FCS fin box can only be used with FCS fins