This Quad Fish was made for speed.
With the Surftech Quad Fish tucked under your arm, you steady your cruiser against the boardwalk railing and check out your go-to spot. This all-around fish board surfs everything from mushy waves to waist-high rippers to overhead surf, so even a day out with your little grom can be just as fun as a day with your surf buddies. Surftech's proprietary Ultraflx core resists dings and won't absorb water if you do happen to bite it close to the jetty. The relatively flat nose and tail mean more speed while the super-wide shape and thick rails give you forgiving float. *Fins not included.
- Surftech calls the Quad out as Randy French’s (founder and head shaper at Surftech) most core fish
- Added wing and increased width in the swallow tail allows you to ride this board 1-2 inches shorter than the Soul Fish while maintaining the same all-around surfability
- All-around fish shape makes it easy for you to paddle out and into surf and to carry speed through flat sections of a wave
- Ultraflx construction (Fused cell EPS core with impact epoxy fiberglass and 'salmon skin' biaxial fiberglass) provides a softer flex pattern similar to that of a polyester/PU board, but with the durability you require and a price point that's digestible
- A fused cell EPS core also virtually eliminates the possibility of water absorption
- Fins not included
- FCS quad fin setup (again, fins not included) reduces drag and increases down-the-line speed, while the twin fins sets and the surfboard rails maintain stability and control
- Quad fin setup also has become a common feature of big wave boards due to its increased holding power in big surf
- High-quality FCS fin system uses a fin box that's anchored deep into the board, which grasps the laminates on both the deck and underside of the board and offers a strong hold from back to front and top to bottom
- FCS fin box can only be used with FCS fins
Share your thoughts
Seriously stoked by the price with free 2-day shipping and no sales tax on top - then to my surprise despite the description a set of FCS M-5 and G-X quad fins fell out of the packaging when I was clearing up! Can't wait to take this one out, great service all-round, I hope the board is as fun as it looks like it will be!