Shaper Rusty Preisendorfer knows all too well the obstacles large men encounter when looking for a board, so he designed the Surftech Rusty Big Cat Surfboard. Ideal for big surfers or those who want a little more float and paddleability, the Big Cat features a double-concave shape, a wide, double-wing swallow tail, and a Futures tri-fin setup. This semi-full board likes catching lots of waves in average, everyday conditions so the big man can reign once again in the lineup.
- Semi-full outline, with a bottom radius that's a little tighter than a short board, lets you paddle easily into surf
- Once you're up, the Big Cat has a responsive, maneuverable short-board feel
- Firmer rail allows you to get on top of the water quicker and helps with reaction time
- Double wing swallow tail provides drive in weaker mushy waves, gives you more surface area from rail to rail, and allows for more lift
- Double concave shape (splits the water into two channels through the fins) creates a looser ride ideal for flowing maneuvers
- Durable, strong, and lightweight Tuflite EPS (fused-cell) core with epoxy coating won't absorb water nearly as much as traditional polystyrene cores and helps prevent deck denting or pressure dings
- Futures FCS tri-fin setup lends stability, increases drive, and performs well in most ocean conditions