No one should be without a backup board.
Conditions change, and so does your mood, so head for the shore with more than one option—secure two boards to your ride with this Thule Double-Decker Surfboard Carrier. If the surf dies (or explodes) between the time when you checked the report and actually hit the coast, you'll be stoked to have your gun or fish as well as the longboy. The other scenario is a reef-break known for putting good boards into an early grave ... in that case, you'll be stoked to have another fish as back-up.
- Speed-Link mounting system utilizes a quick, tool-free design to secure the carriers to your Thule bars, round bars, or most factory crossbars
- Telescoping design allows for a customized fit
- Steel-reinforced webbing secures the boards to the rack via the spring-loaded locking cam
- Weather-resistant pads won't ding or dent your boards and eliminate any movement on rough roads
- Two locks secure your surfboards to the Double Decker carrier
- Add the Thule One-Key lock cylinder (sold separately) to secure each carrier to the bars
Share your thoughts
Thule Double Decker Surfboard Carrier
Does this come with the two carriers as...
Does this come with the two carriers as shown in the pic?
Will this hold SUPs?
Will this hold SUPs?
It most absolutely will
The ultimate surfboard rack
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This surfboard rack has everything you could want. It locks to the bars and locks in your boards for ultimate security. It quickly and easily attaches to any size/shape bars. It holds two surfboards securely and adjusts to fit different size boards. Sure, it's a bit bulkier than some other surfboard racks out there but it's well worth it. Highly recommended!
Give a hoot, don't pollute
The reality version of this photo is some dude in an oil leaking vanagon pulling into the surf...
a surfboard rack that locks allowing you to feel safe leaving your boards on your car. Awesome design. I've had these a couple months now and have used them on a couple surf trips and they work perfectly. Easy to put on and take off and easy to load boards and lock them up. I highly recommend these racks.
I see locks to secure the surf boards....
I see locks to secure the surf boards. This is good. I see cloth straps to secure the surf boards. This is bad...couldn't a thief simply cut them to steal the boards?
The straps are reinforced with a cable that is apparently impossible to cut. I have these racks and they are genius. I was recently in LA w/ boards loaded and locked up in these racks and felt safe leaving them on the car parked in the street overnight. This video might help: http://vimeo.com/26102087
You can see this product in action by going to : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG5Bu8347bc&feature=BFa&list=UUUWUeWKhqZNraLK6zuUh56A&lf=plcp