Motor through deep powder and ice covered surfaces with the quick installing Thule K-Summit XXL Snow Chains for SUVs and Light Trucks.
- Simple 3-step installation process uses an ingenious lug-mounted ratchet system that self centers and self tensions the chains
- Alternation of special injection-molded plastic plates, hard metal studs, and special alloyed steel chains provide tenacious traction
- Low-profile fold-able arms for compatibility with tight-tolerances cars and compact storage
- Easy-to-install, ergonomic wheel-fixing handle tightens with just one movement
- Enter your vehicle's information into the Thule Rack Configurator above, to find your correct fit
Share your thoughts
Cheap plastic parts
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
These chains are made with plastic components that become brittle and break in cold temperatures. While the Thule warranty is for 5 years, don't expect them to honor it. When the plastic piece that holds the chain to the wheel broke on mine after using the chains about 6 times, I thought I would be covered under the warranty. When I contacted Thule, their representative denied the claim and informed me that:
"Our technical department has observed that manufacturing defects show up in the first year of usage of a product. If the plastic was defective from the start it would not have lasted 3 years."
I guess this means that their 5-year warranty only covers defects that happen in the first year. For such an expensive product, I would expect that the company would be willing to stand behind their chains. It's bad enough that a critical part of the chains is made of cheap plastic, but I certainly expect better service from Thule.