Secure storage in a sleek, aerodynamic design.
Whether you need a place to stow your skis on the way to the resort or just need some extra space for a weekend camping trip, mount up the sleek Thule Sonic Alpine Cargo Box. The AeroNose design reduces drag and noise while the Securelock system ensures you won't drive off before the box is securely closed.
- Aerodynamic AeroNose design reduces drag and noise
- Patented Rear-Angled Base improves trunk and hatch clearance
- AcuTight Mounting system clicks when the right amount of hold is reached so you know your box is secured on the rack
- Oversized SecureLock ensures that the box is properly and securely closed before you drive off
- Dual-Side Opening allows you to access the box from either side of the vehicle
- High-gloss automotive finish in sliver or black gives the box a sleek look
- Compatible with Thule rack systems, round bars, and most factory racks
Share your thoughts
Very nice option
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Replaced my Yakima ski rack with this cargo box for the ski season this year. So far, gas mileage has been the same as before I added the box. There is less wind noise than with a ski rack, and it is definitely nice not to have all the road grime all over your gear once your arrive at home or the resort.
I did pick up the adapter kit that allows this to mount directly to my low profile wisp bars via T Bolts. The mounting clamps are very easy to use, but the bolts allow a great option for when you do not have a lot of clearance between the crossbars and the roof of your vehicle.
I have been able to get (4) snowboards, (1) par of skis, and ski poles loaded in this without any issue. this is definitely one long box.
Low pro cargo box
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Amazingly easy to install cargo box. It is light and the clamps are very simple. Not going to get a lot in the box but big enough to load 6 fat skis. The low pro design does not feel like a drag on road trips.
Is it compatible with Toyota Venza Original...
Is it compatible with Toyota Venza Original Roof Rack Crossbars?
Thanks to its adjustable foot clamps The Thule Sonic Alpine Cargo Box is compatible with factory roof rack cross bars and all Thule roof rack cross bars. It will even fit roof rack crossbars from competitors like Yakima and Whisbar. One of the great features of the sonic is its ability to let you know when the feet are secured around the cross bars. You'll hear a clicking noise while tightening to let you know that their tight enough. You will have no trouble attaching it to this car.
is it compatible with Honda Crosstour...
is it compatible with Honda Crosstour Factory Roof Rack Crossbars?
The answer above goes for this factory rack as well. The Sonic is a very versatile cargo box. If you have factory cross bars, then it will fit.