The Union Data Binding is as smooth and pillowy as your favorite pow line, but crushes terrain like our servers crush bytes.
- Multizone highback delivers flex and response exactly where you need it throughout the highback
- Quick-adjust forward lean adjustment gives you the option of multiple forward lean angles with a flick of your finger�lightning fast function
- Aluminum heel cups give you amazing edge-to-edge control and hold your boot for rapid response
- Injected EVA bushings absorb vibrations and allow for true board flex
- Stage II Base delivers freestyle and all-mountain versatility and balanced response and flex
- 3D Multilayer Strap Core with Direct Connect evenly distributes pressure for rapid response, and adds cushy comfort for a smooth feel
- Magnesium buckles are four times stronger than aluminum, and two times lighter, so you get better function and reduced weight
Share your thoughts
Bought them last year for my first season on the snow, so yes I'm a complete newbie to the world of snowboarding.
Rode them with a pair of Burton Driver X boots and a Palmer Honeycomb 4 board. Don't know how much is the bindings and how much is the boots (my suspicion is the boots - they're a pretty stiiff piece of footwear and probably beyond my ability) or whether its just me but I found I got a numb left foot after a good session.
The bindings seemed really comfortable and snugged in nicely, especially the ankle strap (felt great). Toe strap kept slipping up after a run and required resetting on a regular basis. Not sure how much this relates to the specific binding and how much is just binding behaviour in general but that was my experience. As I said I'm a beginner so take my review as such :)
As they say, the bindings are bulletproof. I didn't do anything exceptionally stupid on them (beginner status) but they handled everything I threw at them without breaking a sweat; I sure put some stress on them pulling some pretty stupid stacks haha.
The super comfy lining on the highback tends to wear and fade pretty quidk and I got a little chipping on the base camo colour exterior (got the hunter camo's) but structurally they're solid as a rock and that's what I'm raelly interested in. As long as a binding takes everything you can throw at it without breaking, that's all that matters to me (currently) :)
Awesome bindings. Period. Easy to adjust the highbacks and the straps are super comfy. Easily the most comfortable and most responsive bindings that I have owned. They also have built in padding under your boot and gas pedals which definitely helps when you have big feet like me. I used to be all about burton bindings but I am definitely sticking with Union now.
Throw away your old bindings, get these!
After thinking Technines were sick (like everyone on and their dog) I picked up a pro form for these, and snagged them. I strapped in the first time and didn't even know they were there!!! Perfect amount amount of flex, especially in the high back. Then top it off with a super comfly base plate pad, and super fast buckles! The datas are the absolute best binding available right now.