Don't judge a bag by its name.
Share your thoughts
Slick-looking for travel
I bought this in Grey Slub which looks very nice. But, there are a few design flaws that hamper its utility:
1) The skateboard straps go across the external pockets, so that you can't fully unzip them without 1st loosening the straps
2) There's no easy-access mesh pocket for a water bottle (although, the upper side zip pocket fits a 16.9 oz bottle perfectly)
3) The fleecy laptop pocket is inside the back padding which is sweet, but...there's nothing to keep the laptop from sliding around in there. I forgot to zip it one time, and my laptop fell on the ground (oops)
4) The snap-on pouch on the shoulder strap can fall off easily, and it doesn't hold anything bigger than a thinly cased iPhone.
Some of the features that I really like:
1) The cooler pocket is great for food. Convenient if you get take-out at school and don't finish it.
2) The top pocket for sunglasses is nice but I wish it was more padded
3) Chest-straps are very comfy
4) Waist straps are good and can be hidden away
5) The side pockets seem designed for pencils/pens and the bag is quite school-friendly.
6) Padding is very comfy overall.
Overall, I like this backpack. With a few minor mods, it will be perfect.
purchased this for my 14y.o. son as a school book bag. very well constructed with nice features. judging from the quality, he should be hauling this to school for the next four years. plenty of room for a weekend trip too.