When it's time to shred, do it in the Matlock.
- Boa Power Cuff lacing system utilizes the cable only on the instep (ankle) and lower zone for quick, easy tightening
- Power Strap on the upper cuff provides both the support and upper cuff closure
- Trifit X Thermal liner features the X-cage heel pad for killer hold
- One-piece Vanslite Snowaffle sole features a molded EVA midsole for reduced weight with the reverse-waffle tread for grip
- TPR Insole cushions and comforts your foot with the Outlast temperature-management topsheet, rebound EVA, molded arch, and dual-density heel/forefoot impact pads
- Internal web harness wraps the liner and keeps your foot secured while you pop, spin, and slash
Share your thoughts
does is work well with the over toe...
does is work well with the over toe strap?
Absolutely. The dual straps really allow for a lot of customization with your fit. For example, You could go loose up top and tight down low so you get great foot hold but maintain flexibility for freestyle.
Comfy and stable
I got this boot last week and just got to try it out. Was VERY skeptical about BOA lacing, as I've always thought it was a gimmick. Also the top part is velcro.. A very unusual lacing combination indeed!
However, on the mountain it rode really well. Nice cushioning support all thru the foot and lots of heel support. Also the 2 zone lacing helps so much! I've never experienced anything like it, as I only had laces until now, but dang! Keeping the foot locked down and the upper ankle a bit looser felt super good in the park. Whenever I wanted to go for jumps, all i had to do was tighten the velcro on the top and I was good to go with a stiffer boot. SUper easy, super reliable.
For this price, it's hard to find other makers that offer 2 zone lacing. Great bang for buck
Super comfy and looks sick. BOA system is the only way to go
Has anyone tried this model on yet? Is it...
Has anyone tried this model on yet? Is it only my experience that this season Vans shifted all sizes one size down, ie new 9 = old 8 and so on.. Size 9 always fitted me and this year when I tried a pair of Matlocks at an exhibition I was very surprised, in a bad way
I had an old pair of Vans BOA boots size 12. I just got these new ones same size and they still fit great or even a little bigger than my old boots
I wear size 13 street shoes, and this fit perfectly, whereas let say, 32, I have to go a size bigger.