A pinnacle timepiece and an instrument of the outdoors.
The Guide: Altimeter, Barometer, Compass, is a premium, multi-sensor digital movement surrounded by a 48mm 316L surgical-grade stainless steel case and an ultra, scratch-resistant K1 crystal. The movement features an instant Altitude read out along with an elevation-gain graph. The Barometer is ready to alert you if your summit attempt is a poor decision with the storm warning indicator. The digital compass, when paired with the bi-directional rotating bezel, will hold your bearing for quick reference. The custom strap is 22mm wide polyurethane featuring the patent-pending, modified OKTOLOCK system and a 316L surgical-grade, stainless steel buckle. All case, strap and buckle connection points utilize screw-down, stainless steel parts for added durability. Finally the 10 ATM water resistance means the Guide can withstand the elemental forces that can occur during river crossings or high-alpine thunderstorms while also providing a temperature reading both in and out of the water.
- Altimeter tracks altitude with live readout and altitude gain graph
- Barometer tracks barometric pressure and includes a weather-warning alarm, while digital thermometer tracks temperature
- Digital compass tracks your direction and displays it along the inner edge of the rotating bezel
- Chronograph functions includes a 24-hour stopwatch, 100-hour countdown timer, 28-city clock with world time, and other daily functions like date and current time
- Stainless steel case sealed to withstand submersion to 100 meters
- Polyurethane strap is tough, smooth against your wrist, and the 22mm-wide shape fits a medium-to-large wrist
- Modified surgical-grade stainless steel Oktolock strap buckle allows you to quickly and easily adjust and lock the wrist strap into place
- Large, easy-to-read LCD display with adjustable contrast
- EL backlight activates with the push of a button so you can see the face in low light or dark conditions
- User-accessible battery hatch makes it easy to change the battery by yourself
Share your thoughts
Good watch, bad sport watch
This is a good watch that keeps good time and even is clever enough not to instantly apply daylight savings in countries that don't have it. However the alarm chime and alarm function doesn't work although Vestal claims it's "faint". The thermometer and barometric pressure, even after calibration seem off. So what it does well it does well or not at all.