Field-tested for riders who need a jacket that works as hard as they do.
- Gore-Tex 3-Layer fabric is guaranteed waterproof breathable to protect you from winter's harshest storms
- Fully taped seams prevent moisture from seeping in
- Mesh lining slides on and off easily
- GPT fit is cut to never hinder movement and fits comfortably with both a backpack and underlayers
- Mesh-lined underarm vents dump heat when it warms up
- Adjustable hood has built-in fleece facemask so you have one less thing to remember when heading up to the mountain
- Stretch adjustable powder skirt keeps snow out
- Lycra wrist gaiters keep snow from going up your sleeve
- Zip Tech jacket-to-pant interface allows you to zip the powder skirt to any Volcom pant to create an impenetrable barrier against snow
- Two hand pockets, two chest pockets, a goggle pocket, and a media pocket provide room to store essential gear
- YKK AquaGuard zippers seal out moisture
Share your thoughts
The Armpit Vents
Not Bad, not Super Great either
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
The quality was a little less that what I'd expected when this jacket arrived. It isn't bad, but the stitching and front zipper tabs could be a lot better. The front chest tabs are cheap cloth tabs.
Because this piece was designed under the Guide Proven Technology (GPT) series, keep in mind that the jacket has two front chest pocket but doesn't have any side hand pockets.
The greatest saving grace of a feature that this jacket has is the sick Face Tech face mask. It's so well placed and convenient that I'm actually impressed with it.
The sizing is true to size. All in all I think the quality of this jacket could be a lot better considering its $500 MSRP price and Gore-Tex usage.
Made in China.
The Inside Tags
Volcom Baldface Guide Jacket
This jacket is hardcore...Great fit--not too big or too long, warm, wind and waterproof, good looking..It works on warm and cold days. I like the hand gaitors, but they get in the way...Burtons thumb system is better. Overall, satisfied with Volcoms outerwear...as always
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Very water proof but I bought this and didn't notice till i got it but there are no front pockets/handwarmer pockets. The waterproof zippers are kind of pain they constantly are getting stuck on the inside fabric so I can't pull up or down it is constantly getting stuck looking into returning this jacket now for another volcom