Escape is not far away.
Volcom knows you like to ride off the grid, which is why they designed the Baldface Guide Gore-Tex Jacket. When you ride in harsh conditions like the legendary Baldface Lodge guides in B.C., you need serious protection and warmth. Volcom pulls out all the stops with this jacket, with three-layer Gore-Tex waterproof and breathable fabric, mesh backing, and fully taped seams. The Zip Tech jacket-to-pant interface system and Aquaguard zippers keep out the snow. The powder skirt and adjustable quick-cinch hood keep snow out as well, while the Face Tech integrated face mask and super suede chin guard protect your face from icy wind.
But why stop there? The Baldface Jacket keeps your hands protected as well with lycra hand gaiters, and V-Science two-way cuff system.. Throw in a guide-proven radio chest pocket, map chest pocket, goggle pocket, and audio pocket, and this jacket is equipped to carry all the gear you'll need for your backcountry powder sessions. The mesh-lined zippered vents make this jacket breathable when you ride hard and produce your own heat. Best of all, this jacket comes equipped with Recco, to give you a little extra peace of mind. So go ride and keep the weather and elements out, not the euphoria of absolute freedom.
- Gore-Tex three-layer shell, fully taped seams
- YKK AquaGuard waterproof zippers
- Two-way adjustable quick-cinch hood
- Mesh lined zippered underarm vents
- Stretch adjustable powder skirt with zip jacket interface
- Supersuede chin guard and Face Tech integrated face mask
- V-Science two-way cuff system, Lycra hand gaiters
- Guide-proven radio chest pocket and map chest pocket
- Goggle, audio pockets
- Recco avalanche recovery system
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: Runs large
Really good quality shell. This jacket can take on any storm without letting a pour of water through the 3L Gore-tex. Fits a little bit long with some extra room for layering. Really comfortable and low profile fit overall. The wrist gaiters on this jacket are super comfortable and keep the snow out! Good Jacket for touring or anyone who rides resorts everyday.