Secure your gear.
Sure you could just throw all your avy gear into a regular pack, but what'll end up happening will be a long skin up the hill and a long ride down set to a chorus of shovel blade, handle, and probe clinking and clanking. The Volcom Defender Heli Pack has it all figured out so you can enjoy mountain solitude or listen to your own tunes while you ride.
- Separate pockets for your shovel blade, shovel handle, probe, and goggles
- Three-point vertical snowboard carry system and a horizontal carry system for plenty of options
- Top and back access to the main compartment for easy gear-grabs
- Adjustable shoulder straps and waist-belt for even load distribution
- Padded back panel and frame sheet for support and comfort
- Quick-draw ice-axe carry for self-arrest situations
Share your thoughts
I got this pack and love it! my shovel and...
I got this pack and love it! my shovel and other gear fits perfectly with plenty of extra space! The only thing I can't figure out is the quote-end quote H2O Sleeve/"exit"tunnel's location. The tag claims it is located inside but I can't find an "exit tunnel". The only other location for a bladder would be the outside pockets with velcro closers but they seem a little small. I may be a dumbsh*t but if anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it!
Doesn't get any better
Perfect pack. The sale, the feel, the pockets. Everything is where it should be. Isn't a single thing I'd change on this pack!