The Volcom Women's Strategy Puff Jacket brings warmth and killer style to the slopes. This sweet, low-profile jacket comes equipped with cozy down and polyester insulation throughout to ensure bomber comfort on frigid days. The asymmetrical front zipper adds a unique look, and mesh-lined zippered vents dump excess heat when you work for your turns.
- 10K-rated shell fabric shields you from winter's wet weather during fun, fluffy snow days
- V-Science breathable lining system helps wick moisture away from your skin, feels smooth against your skin, and makes layering underneath a cinch
- Cozy down and polyester insulation offers superb warmth on frigid, cold days
- EQS cut offers a tighter, more flattering fit around the body and sleeves
- Mesh-lined zippered vents ditch excess heat while you hike the pipe or build a kicker with friends
- Helmet-compatible hood shields your face and head from blustery elements
- Powder skirt seals in warmth and blocks out the cold
- Multiple internal and external pockets stash your lip balm, chocolate bar, and other small essentials
- Stone ring holds your ticket and makes it easily accessible to ticket checkers
Share your thoughts
Not what I wanted, maybe what I needed?
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
I ordered this because I needed a winter jacket that was not super bulky for travelling, and because backcountry earned me 4 miles/$ at the airline shopping mall. Down is usually a good bet for light/warm, I was thinking about uniqlo but they are kinda cheap looking. This looked funky and came in 2 days. The color is WAY brighter than pictured, more like fluorescent than leaf green. I really would have preferred the color in the ad, but this will be good for biking at night and also matches the trim on my new casual shoes. It's bulkier than I thought but not too bad, looks large but fits well (I usually take 2-4, am 5'8" 130lb. Ordered M based on size chart and I think it was right, enough room to put layers but not TOO big). Jacket is definitely a serious winter coat and though I'm in denial, I really like to be warm. Hood is big enough too to wear my helmet under. The lining is this crazy pattern and I feel pretty bling wearing it.
All in all, it's not a subtle jacket, and be prepared for flourescent light green color.
Would you recommend this for January skiing...
Would you recommend this for January skiing in Colorado? It's been a long time since I skied in the colder months there (I usually go in late february/march)
Hey Caroline, I think you'd be fine in this on those cold Rock Mountain Days. Looks like it has both goose down fill and synthetic insulation, so you get the best of both worlds in terms of warmth. The goose down will provide a lot of warmth and the synthetic will provide some extra insulation and puffiness to the coat. It also has a decent waterproofness and breath-ability rating, so you should be set for the elements!
Thanks Mark! Unfortunately it just sold out of my size :/ will have to keep shopping around
Buying a birthday pressy for my...
Buying a birthday pressy for my girlfriend just need to know a couple of things.
- First do you guys ship to Australia.
- Does tgis jacket have thumb holes.
- An does it zip/clip onto older volcom pants.
We do not Ship Volcom to Austrialia
It does not have thumb holes
It will zip into older Volcom Pants
Warm, Dry, Functional, and Cool style
A million pockets to put all your stuff. Warmer than the average board jacket b/c of down. Cool asymmetric zipper style. Washes perfectly.
Best discovery: during a nasty snow/rain dump the jacket did not get wet and the down fill didn't get clumpy.