You've never let cold water stop you from paddling out when the swells are overhead, especially not if you're wearing the XCEL 4/3 Drylock Men's Wetsuit. An Airprene chest panel features dual-barriers air chambers for superior insulation, and the ThermoCarbon lining features carbon-infused fabric that provides better heat retention so you stay warmer for longer in chilly waters. Drylock wrist seals and zip system prevent flushing so you don't surrender all your warmth when you duck dive or wipe out.
- External QDF Quick-Dry fiber, Airprene (dual-barrier air chambers) and ThermoCarbon (heat-retaining lining made of carbon-infused and recycled fibers) on core promote maximum warmth in frigid waters
- UltraStretch fabric throughout ensures unrestricted mobility when you paddle, duck dive, and surf
- Texture Skin (rubber) external chest provides resistance against the wind and helps keep you comfortable when you sit up on your board
- Waterproof, flexible Drylock Zip System (zipper flap attached at one shoulder) provides a more watertight fit
- SmoothSkin (elastic shoulder hem along open zipper flap edge) offers a contoured, flexible seal
- Overlapping internal front and back crossover neck panels give an easy on-and-off solution
- Fusion seams (on upper body) and pressure-bonded, taped seams on lower body lock out water, provide durability, and stretch with you as you surf
- Drylock wrist seals grip, prevent flushing, and seal in warmth
- Internal geometric Taitex ankle seals grip and seal out water
- Durable, four-way stretch DuraFlex knee panels are contoured to fit your knees' natural flex
- Ideal for use in water temperatures between 54-64°F (we also recommended that you wear booties and gloves, sold separately)
Share your thoughts
Xcel 4/3 DL
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Nice and toasty in the cold water! My last front zip suit tore around the neck and I was happy to see this neck had two overlapping stretch sections to make it easier to get in and out of. The seems are high quality with tape and liquid seals so there isn't any unnecessary water flow. The body and upper legs also features some fuzzy internal fabric on the neoprene to add warmth and make the suit super comfortable. The fit is also excellent and consistent with the size chart for me in XL.
so the picture doesn't have a hood, but...
so the picture doesn't have a hood, but it says contoured hood in the description...does it actually have a hood or not?
There are 2 versions you can get this with or without a hood. we only have the no hood version but Xcel does in fact make a version with the hood. It's perfect for when its cold air temps but the water isn't too bad. Sadly we only have the crew neck version. the neoprene rash guard with a hood are a great option to snag if you don't want to have this with a hood but want an option if or whenever you need it and they are not bulky and slip on underneath your suit super comfy.
Took this puppy out this morning! Water was about 50...overcast skies with some drizzle!
GLoves and booties on...no cap!!! I felt like a baked potato in this thing! No flushing what so ever...shoulder to head high swell!
Tried the Oneil Psycho 3...techno butter tech is pretty legit but I found its to loose and doesnt stay tight to the skin after a few surfs in one day which let to serious flushing in arms, neck and legs.
The Drylock on the other had a little trickier to get into but kept me super dry and warm! Stoked to see how it lasts as winter continues into the spring!