Full-length protection for mild water and a moderate budget.
Mild-weather surfing calls for a suit like the XCEL Hawaii Men's 3/2 SLX Backzip Wetsuit. Both flexible and affordable, this warm, comfortable suit won't require you to sacrifice your piggy bank at the alter of surfing. Wind-resistant rubber, two types of stretch neoprene, and an insulating lining fend off whipping winds and frigid surf, and a neoprene inner dam keeps water from creeping in at the back zipper. XCEL outfitted this suit with an offset back zipper to help relieve pressure on your spine; a design touch that's often ignored, even in some higher-end suits. To complete the package, the SLX features seams that are minimal and pre-bent to match the shape and contour of your body for comfort. You shouldn't hesitate to consider this suit if you're an intermediate surfer on a budget or a beginner who lives where the water requires a full-length cut and the warmth of 3/2mm thickness.
- UltraStretch neoprene in the sleeves and underarms, and SuperLight foam sleeves and gussets, ensure mobility
- Thermocarbon (heat-retaining lining) covers the inner chest, provides insulation, and keeps you warm on chilly days
- Texture skin (embossed rubber) on chest and back area provides wind resistance and keeps you comfortable when you sit up on your board
- Glued and blindstitched seams with reinforced stress points and zipper base offer minimal seam leakage
- Minimal seam construction uses seams that are pre-bent and contoured to eliminate the typical, uncomfortable bulge you feel with a traditional seam
- Back entry with offset zipper keeps zipper pressure off your spine and allows for easy entry
- Water Barrier inner dam rests reduce the flow of water into the suit between the zipper and your back
- Durable, contoured, 4-way stretch DuraFlex knee panels for comfort and longevity