Be the first to upload your photo of the The Basic CamRock Snowboard. >
Leave your mark on The Wall.
March 15, 2012
That review below was marked as dumb for good reason. Here's a real review.
My info: 6'4", 200 lbs. 10 years riding.
Got this board in a 159, my ride-everywhere size.
The Yes Basic is a price-point park or all-mountain twin that rips. Exactly as the name of the board says, this thing is basic - no fancy shape, no crazy construction materials, a little bit on the heavier side - but if you're looking for a board on the cheap, the Basic delivers.
Coming from a Capita FK board earlier this season, I find this thing to be much poppier while maintaining that catch-free feeling with the rocker in the tips. The rockered tips also make this thing a cinch to butter around and get goofy on, albeit it's no noodle.
Took this thing backcountry on the steeps in a powdery day as well, and it performed pretty well. Yeah, you still get that leg burn, but it's a whole lot better than a full-camber board.
Only complaints that I have with it are that it's a wee bit heavy, but for a <$400 board, it's to be expected a bit. Also, the top sheet seems to scuff pretty easily, but if you're a real rider this is something easily overlooked.
TLDR; Good price-point twin; RIDE IT, FOO!
I'd say in a powder board size it is too stiff for rails, but in a small size it could be jibby. If you are looking for a great all mountain board to hit rails on once in a while, this is a great board, but if you plan on spending a bunch of time in the park and hitting rails, I'd go with something a little softer. For a stiffer feeling board, this board still is fairly playful.
By: Brandon Collett
March 27, 2012
Dogfunk.com Price Comparison
Dogfunk.com knows that no one wants the used-car-salesman experience, so we decided to show you the other guys prices in an effort to keep your shopping experience as informed as possible. We do our best to confirm this information is correct, but assume no responsibility for the accuracy of the price and shipping information provided by other vendors.
- 135 cm, 139 cm, 143 cm, 146 cm, 150 cm, 155 cm, 157 cm, 159 cm
- hybrid (CamRock)
- Effective Edge:
- [135 cm ] 960 mm; [139 cm ] 1000 mm; [143 cm ] 1040 mm; [146 cm ] 1060 mm; [150 cm ] 1100 mm; [155 cm ] 1120 mm; [157 cm ] 1140 mm; [159 cm ] 1160 mm
- Waist Width:
- [135 cm ] 232 mm; [139 cm ] 235 mm; [143 cm ] 237 mm; [146 cm ] 244 mm; [150 cm ] 246 mm; [155 cm ] 249 mm; [157 cm ] 251 mm; [159 cm ] 253 mm
- Sidecut Radius:
- [135 cm ] 6.5 m; [139 cm ] 6.7 m; [143 cm ] 6.9 m; [146 cm ] 6.7 m; [150 cm ] 6.6 m; [155 cm ] 7.3 m; [157 cm ] 7.5 m; [159 cm ] 7.7 m
- Stance Width:
- [135 cm] 17.5 - 22.7 in; [139 cm] 18.5 - 23.2 in; [143 cm] 18.9 - 23.6 in; [146 cm] 18.1 - 22.8 in; [150 cm] 19.3 - 24 in; [155-159 cm] 20.5 in 25.2 in
- Stance Setback:
- 0 in
- Master Composite
- Recommended Rider Weight:
- [135 cm] 74 - 100 lb; [139 cm] 85 - 120 lb; [143 cm] 85 - 130 lb; [146 cm] 85 - 140 lb; [150 cm] 100 - 155 lb; [155 cm] 110 - 165 lb; [157 cm] 120 - 175 lb; [159 cm] 120 - 195 lb
- Recommended Use:
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- 1 year